Business Analytics in Practice and Applied Research
Duration: 1/2 day
Type: paper-oriented, discussion-oriented
Purpose, Goals and Topics
Business Analytics (BA) aims to support users to make decisions and create business value from their data based on powerful analytics techniques and tools. BA is a topic widely discussed in literature from both theoretical and applications points of view. BA systems are highly complex systems that pose great challenges in their design, development and operation.
We encourage the original applied research contributions sharing and discussing the challenges, success stories and solutions related to Business Analytics. This workshop aims to share and discuss how applied researchers and practitioners are dealing with BA solutions to create and transform business data into real-added business value. Thus, it aims to present and discuss concrete examples of applications, concepts, techniques and tools that target BA. At the same time, it welcomes presentation of application case studies in different domains related to BA.
The topics are among but not limited to:
- BA case studies and applied research
- Evaluation of techniques and application case studies
- Challenges, value-stories and best practices in designing, deploying and using BA solutions
- Data processing algorithms and techniques for structured and unstructured data: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and semantics
- Big data storage solutions and evaluation
- BA and cloud
- Manel Brichni, Luxembourg
- David Rozier, France